Friday, March 27, 2009

Society for Procrastination Research: Report #1

The Kappa, a Japanese water-sprite. Image from Wikimedia Commons

The Society of Procrastination Research is an international collective dedicated to art and science of procrastination. It has one official member (me), but I like to think that most people are members in spirit. From time to time, I will share my procrastination techniques, tools, and insights for the edification of the SPR's silent members. This is the SPR's first report.

Wikipedia's "List of monsters"

It's one of those things that I never knew I needed. Not until I stumbled upon it one day and wasted the better part of an afternoon reading about Medieval English Heraldic Beasts. The Afanc, the Cockatrice, and the Basilisk turned me to stone - at least, that's my excuse for my lack of productivity. From Á Bao A Qu to Zzzax, the list describes beings found in mythology, folklore, film, literature, and video games from around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment